Monday 27 July 2009

Shakedown Ride!

Right the boring bits are over now for the good stuff and the eye candy!
The handling is amazing. The closest I could describe is like a 600 sportsbike. It turns much much sharper and in conjunction with some more sticky and aggressive tyres like the Pirelli Diablo Supercorsas feels very stable. It is a little unnerving how light it feels at low speeds now and I find the front a little more flighty. I may increase the pressure in the rear (currently at 2 front and 2.2 rear) to be 2 front and 2.4 rear to push a little more weight over the front. If that doesn’t work I may drop the front forks have a notch to load the front a little more. I only stopped twice and two different pubs (not drinking I might add) and was approached by 2 different people commenting on how classic the bike looked… It now definitely attracts attention so avoid gold if you don’t like that kind of thing!

I’m currently obsessive about the bike and can’t wait to open the garage doors and just look at it. Was it worth all the pain and effort – yes and I would do it again in a second! Thanks to Martin for his patient hack-sawing and to Francine for being much more than a patient girlfriend but whom without I would not have been able to complete this swap! Oh and also thanks to Francine for asking me if I had tightened the rear axle nut shortly before riding off for the first time… I had of course tightened it back up ahem ahem!












No comments:

Post a Comment